Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Privacy & Confidentiality

Privacy & Confidentiality





Privacy in the online world is basically, once you put it out there it can never be fully deleted. I have a great personal example, twitter. I once misspelled word on twitter and deleted the tweet. i don't what came to my head my decided to google the tweet. To my surprise, my tweets were on other websites and the deleted tweet was still there. It was on more the two website and there were probably on more websites. What I didn't think about was that twitter might have a contract with other websites to allow the tweets to go other place. In a sense to have a privacy online is really difficult. Aside from you personally giving out personal information, there are other people trying to take your personal information. Bots exist in every social website. Bots are not real accounts as they you can tell when you are speaking to someone and they are not real. These bots have different purposes as to try and make sign up for a website or obtain credit card information. What they all have in common is to get personal information.   

No comments:

Post a Comment